They are attached to the mobile phone. They look for restaurants, places to visit, local cocktail, cafes and other establishments in the network, They read reviews and leave their own, upload photos and stories a instagram, videos to Facebook, tweeting about the fate visitors ... In the first half of the year Spain broke records almost 29 million tourists, In the second half, we are on a similar path. They come from very different points of the globe: There native and foreign tourism, familiar, couple or friends, purchasing power more or less but, what unites a very high percentage is that they are digital tourists.
Today, with the perspective that gives September after the wave of tourists who have received our destinies and have occupied catering establishments of all kinds - from hotels to restaurants cafes and bars through several beach - and no doubt that technology has changed the way in which tourists seek, They plan and organize their trips and how to relate to destinations.
As I said on occasion in my web, the future of tourism will be digital or not and those who do not understand well, They are called to extinction as business model.
Today I summarize for you the 10 Digitization main keys Tourism. You can expand the information in my web.
1. In the world of tourism, competition is already based on the presence, differentiation and reputation online, concerning the strategy of a digital tour company.
2. The new value chain in the tourism sector has led to the breakdown of traditional and commuter location in the center of the entire tourism business. further, the new value chain pushes companies to rely on technology to manage their services and operations more efficiently, access to more distribution channels and new markets and further improve the customer experience.
3. From the technological point of view, digital transformation has four axes: cloud, mobile, IoT y social. You must know the four to harness the process and catch up.
4. Based technology platforms and cloud computing are the core of any computer system of a tourist company. Facilitate management of seasonal businesses, management organizations with dispersed locations and growth strategies and internationalization. They put technology at the service of the business instead of limiting.
5. The most important thing is that the Cloud is a tool that helps companies to forget about the technology and put the focus on the tourism business itself, especially in the case of small and medium enterprises that do not have to invest large items.
6. The mobile comprises the entire ecosystem comprising mobile devices with Internet connection and all platforms, services and applications associated with these, essential part of the supply of goods and services in any sector. This emerging trend has become a real engine of change that tourism businesses have to adapt.
7. Among the main strengths provided by the Internet of Things tourism deepening knowledge commuter derived from data capture and analysis to provide what is useful at all times is; reducing the time to devote to entries, Departures, steps and administrative processes; improving access to facilities and the formalization of bookings; the availability of intelligent payment mechanisms; or payment by the client only the exact time consuming service.
8. Social Networks applied to tourism (especially experiential tourism) change a mindset focused only on the product to a service-oriented approach and customer.
9. The commitment of the government to develop tourism is generating a boost to the application of advanced technologies, low denominations of tourist destinations intelligent, smart cities o smart islands, They are incorporating many new technologies.
10. Other technologies begin to have importance in the tourism sector are the geolocation, virtual reality or augmented reality. Help improve service delivery, to enhance customer experience and enhance personalized marketing and proximity.
Two final notes in this quick summary of the Digitization of tourism: Social networks are a fundamental tool to humanize and personalize the relationship with customers, allowing the individualization of the message, providing services and enhancing customer loyalty with all this without losing sight of the ultimate goal: optimizing the experience of a digital customer also.
Remember that, together, We have a goal: Share knowledge to grow together and generate sustainable business and happy.