The little Prince It is a book that supports infinite readings. You can read in childhood and readers / as will stay with the adventures of a lonely little prince who embarks on the adventure of leaving their little world to visit other planets and meet its inhabitants, and also, It can be read in adolescence, in youth, at maturity and old age and other nuances acquire these wanderings.
Something similar happened recently us Food Fighters, taking advantage of the 75 anniversary of the work of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, we gave way last April the first part of a series of reflections that have allowed us to link digital aspects of hospitality to some of the lessons that gives us this wonderful work.
Welcoming the item has been sensational and we are excited to share with you @ s a surprise that was brewing but it is a happy reality: The next 28 of May We will be part of the speakers at the first event 2018 of the #BDI Road Bar Show ideas which will start in Bilbao and from there we'll put presence and voice to all the teachings that these months are sharing in Articles ... we are thrilled! 🙂
With so dissappointed, We started this month the second part and we do it again accompanied with photographs of the extraordinary sculptures of fabulous artist Marcelo Wong (eternal thanks again). That said ... We started? Go!
“—What you do with five hundred million stars?
—Las administration. The story and counting. It's hard. But I'm a serious man!”
The Little Prince - Chapter XIII
- Like the Little Prince, Sometimes the urge to be heard our voice and get no answer makes us in a desert. It's better to have 5000 followers 50? The obvious answer involves yes, but it is also good never become obsessed with the number and be clear that, more than the amount, which improves the ability to influence, visibility and reputation of our business is quality. This type of 'faithful' are which we call evangelists, because they spread the word. How can we generate this type of followers? Doing what we do best: constantly striving for excellence in our business.
“—Geography books are the most valuable of all books. They never go out of style. It is very rare for a mountain relocate. We write about eternal things.
—But volcanoes can wake…”
The Little Prince - Chapter XV
- The trust It is a bad travel companion. It does not itself, Clear. Too much of this feeling is what it is. The accordance, idem. Trust is a cornerstone essential in any socializing axis and allows us to establish professional links / emotional that are essential for the smooth running of our business, but ... Should we let our guard down and relax? The answer is a resounding NO. Think that things do not mutate, not change, do not evolve is one of the worst mistakes we can make in addition to not being, precisely, prepared for it. Anytime, digital and in person, anyone can question our good work, elaborations, service, Attention, etc ... and generate doubt to put us in check. Nothing is eternal, starting with the way we manage the business.
"Great people will not believe. They imagine that occupy much space. They feel important "
The Little Prince - Chapter XVII
- And. The same technology that makes us free also subjects us. It does so indirectly because we nests in social charges where the accused can our personality traits to roam and receive feedback. Last month despuntamos a concept we call Digital ego and would have an equivalent in another like vanity Online. Thus smartphones, which they are an undoubted source of pleasure, and hands also less suitable, son ADM (massive destruction weapons). Superlative personalities can generate in our bar / restaurant imbalances before which we must be prepared. Being the center of the universe is fine and dinner on a Friday night either become the most momentous of your life, as well, but paying payroll is an act of corporate responsibility that can not be affected by excessive fondness care of certain egocentric profiles. Balance hotelier friend, Balance.
“—The men? I have not seen for years. But he never knows where to find them. The wind carries. They have no roots "
The Little Prince - Chapter XVIII
- Loyalty. A concept, a mode, a brand, to us or to our model, our cook, our barman, ... room staff loyalty. Exists? And, but with many nuances. Marketinianamente talking, brand loyalty translates into repetitive visits of our customers which they are the result of a perceived value, generated trust and bond between our guests and the restaurant.
Depending on your degree of satisfaction regarding our offer, value added and our good work and maybe get fidelizarlos, turn them into evangelists. Anyway, Consider that customers are rotating and tending, that is to say, which will be carried away by new products and new stimuli as they arise in the sector, so our obligation will always fight to be in permanent vanguard adding value and creativity, which also translates into the digital channels.
- But good, it's not possible! ¡we have competition! For if s friends, we have and is not the only threat our business. We can add to the catering Natural phagocytosis, the creation of new establishments, the cainita character of opinions / reviews (remote control or not) which may affect our mood and fatigue that represents the implicit finding a native model of success.
It's not that we were not aware that the only restaurant in the world. No. What happens is that, sometime, someone is going to remember that, effectively, we are not alone and that even, they are doing better than us. Good, let us take as a revulsive. Activémonos and return to place our establishment in the heights it deserves and for which we fight daily.
“—Let's be pacient. I will look at her and say nothing. The word is a source of misunderstanding "
The Little Prince - Chapter XXI
“…And he felt very unhappy. His flower had told him it was the only one of its kind in the universe. And behold, there were five thousand, all alike, in one garden. "
The Little Prince - Chapter XX
- And, it is, and written. Disagreements come at most times of strong arguments for some bad opinion expressed, or misperceived, both of the. We think…, Are not we living in the age of communication? Yes to everything, but, humans are (o no) condemned to understand, although perhaps not know how.
As a business and as responsible for a type of communication, we must admit that all comments will not be to our liking or appear. This, far from undermine us in our task, which should enable us is a openness to new sensibilities taking into account that, although we strive daily to provide care and services optima, Maybe there are people who are not yet able to perceive. It is both a constant and a challenge.
- Frustration. As is. You may be aware that we are doing something wrong, but everyday we overcome and avoid the attention that we pay to require.
The problem is that there will come a time when a client appear and we will remember, generating a double sensation: On the one hand, their bad experience and, for another, nefarious our perception of what happened. The experiencer, It tends to exaggerate and we as hoteliers, we tend to sweep into our business.
We must be aware that, If we change something we did habitually, You can generate comments and digital effects. And not always have because trying to type something negative 'price up menu of the day' or 'most requested cocktail'. Sometimes, the slightest change in our community generates feeling of carelessness. Eye with this.
“—Only children know what they want. Waste time by a rag doll and the doll becomes something very important, and if removed wrist, cry…”
The Little Prince - Chapter XXII
"Snakes are bad. They can bite pleasure…
—And, but it is true that no poison in the second bite…”
The Little Prince - Chapter XXVI
- Sharp fangs and bite singing! So is. If we translate the bite of a snake as a bad review, review or review, We're in luck ... What? How? Are you sick in the head? Good, to pursue this must be sick a little, but yes.
It happens that usually the landlord does not remember (Or better, does not know) what, in most opinion platforms, the last word is yours ... it's your! Yes! When an opinion or no positive review comes at a platform as Google Maps / My Business o Tripadvisor, what the potential customer is going to read both the opinion and our response… and nothing more! It is not a debate. It is not a dialogue. No intervention shifts. We are the last word in the matter.
The 'poison' does not support second bites and here we are going to point out that the situation described in detail so that the last perception that the reader will be ours.
Anyway ... we have exposed 17, but many more reflections we have been in the backroom.
The truth is that The Little Prince we could draw endless lessons but we have tried to give you a plus utility for the sector we like, in which we add and where we feel extremely comfortable: Hospitality, motor and soul of the economy of our country.
Recordad que el próximo 28 de mayo nos podemos ver en Bilbao en el evento de #BDI Barra de Ideas Road Show con estas mismas reflexiones (podéis inscribiros here) y que estaremos encantados de conoceros y saludaros en persona… ¡Gracias y nos leemos en junio!