April begins, a month marked by religious holidays, by the change of season and temperature, It is the beginning of a new cycle that brings seasonal food and drink, which at this time begin to be marketed. We are in a month in which different factors all affect one way or another to the daily work of both restaurants and any other businesses catering.
Why and how each month, we will suggest some activities you can do in your hospitality business to increase productivity.
The Festival: Easter
Of the 10 al 16 April there will be one of the main celebrations of the country. Having official holidays, the work schedule is altered for all. further, the Holy Week usually a busy time for restaurants located in tourist areas, who are benefited with the influx of customers, but they are also days when other businesses located in less public sectors should make an effort to attract customers.
Regardless of the geographic point at which you find yourself, the Spanish cookbook offers a wide range in terms of traditional dishes for these dates. Do not miss the opportunity and offers out of those preparations letter that best match the style of your restaurant.
If your menu is associated with a specific region, It offers typical dishes; If your food is Spanish, You have a wide range of options to choose from. Even You can make a special letter Easter, or a tasting of traditional desserts at this time as torrijas, crespells, wafers, fried milk and sweet flowers. If your business is gastronomic, make a modern version of these sweets with a special price (higher or lower depending on your escandallos and objectives).
Another good idea is to offer throughout the week one of these special dishes it known in all your promotional channels, so people can choose the day you have the recipe that takes your fancy. If you are in the group of restaurants that lowers your level of work these days, They can do a cheaper menu with Easter or all year, but to be able to encourage customers visit.
A original proposal? If your online community is active, Take a survey from now, asking favorite dish Easter, the winner by voting you shall offer in the coming weeks in your letter starting the day 10. If your restaurant develops a kitchen in another country, You can do the same and then arrange for your customers that option in the letter, explaining that you love Spanish cuisine and so shall offer special recipes for those days. It's a good opportunity to uploading your billing and empathize with your audience.
Celebrations of books
The day 23 a great date is celebrated, World Book Day. It is also San Jorge, in Catalonia Sant Jordi and celebrates its known book festival and the rose. But is that the 2 is International Children's Book Day, so both a date and the other, you can take to make a special activity in your restaurant, regardless of the type of cuisine you offer.
For the day 2, If your local is familiar, you can organize readings of excerpts from a book with a storyteller. And if your budget allows, gives each child a book or one per table, even a pen drive with online stories that children can include in your tablet (yes, other than Pirate).
For him 23 You have many possibilities: pou can make an agreement with a nearby bookstore to offer a discount when you deliver the account to buy books there. At the same time, Customers can go to the bookstore to get some incentive in your restaurant you visit, It is a good way to cooperate win-win.
Organized in the days before and through your channel to promote an exchange of books in which people have the opportunity to leave a space of your local yours to give and to take other. One option is to make a competition in social networks asking What's your favorite book community is, buy them 3 O 4 More voted, and rifarlos among whom you visit that day.
You do not have to offer Catalan cuisine to give to your clients a rose and a book to them (or liquor if you're doing the raffle). further, You can give the account a nice card with an extract from a book you like. As you see, are dates are an opportunity for your business.
World Autism Awareness Day
He 2 April World Autism Awareness Day is also commemorated, Year established 2007 by the United Nations General Assembly to raise public awareness about this disorder and promote the inclusion of people who have. This year we have a campaign with the slogan "together we break the barriers of autism", Y on its website they provide all necessary materials to promote multi-channel.
Use all these facilities contribute to the cause and if you want to do a little more, You can contribute part of your winnings that day, or sales of some of your dishes, to donate to an association collaborate to autism research or help their families.
So far our ideas, but Note that there are more dates this month and products that you can promote your restaurant. Many wines have their vintages at this time, and foods like shellfish, peppers, peas, strawberries and citrus reach their best flavor, Like asparagus, which it has its own fair in Cádiz. You look at the calendar below, Use your imagination, or catches the ideas that we have given to suit your business- and performs actions in your restaurant. May you have a very productive month!
April Calendar 2017
- April Fools Day
- National Sourdough Bread Day (#usa)
- World Autism Awareness Day
- International Children’s Book Day
- Fish-Fingers and Custard Day
- National Chocolate Mousse Day (#usa)
- World Party Day
- National Cordon Bleu Day (#usa)
- National Caramel Day (#usa)
- National Deep Dish Pizza Day (#usa)
- National Raisin&Spice Bar Day (#usa)
- New Beer’s Eve
- Fresh Tomato Day
- National Caramel Popcorn Day (#usa)
- Fair asparagus (Alcalá del Valle, Cádiz)
- National Beer Day (#usa)
- National Coffee Cake Day (#usa)
- World Health Day
- National Empanada Day (#usa)
- National Chinese Almond Cookie Day (#usa)
- Easter (until the day 16)
- National Cinnamon Crescent Day (#usa)
- National Cheese Fondue Day (#usa)
- National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day (#usa)
- National Licorice Day
- National Peach Cobbler Day (#usa)
- National Pecan Day (#usa)
- National Glazed Spiral Ham Day (#usa)
- Titanic Remembrance Day
- National Eggs Benedict Day (#usa)
- Foursquare Day
- NationalCheeseball Day (#usa)
- International Juggler’s Day
- Wine tasting in Moriles, Córdoba (until the day 23)
- National Garlic Day (#usa)
- National Rice Ball Day (#usa)
- National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day (#usa)
- Burial of the Sardine, Murcia (until the day 23)
- Moors and Christians of Alcoy, Alicante (until the day 24)
- National Chocolate-Covered Cashew Truffle Day (#usa)
- National High Five Day (#usa)
- National Jelly Bean Day (#usa)
- Earth day
- World day of the book
- Fiesta de Sant Jordi, Catalonia
- Fiesta de San Jorge, Cáceres
- National Cherry Cheesecake Day (#usa)
- National Picnic Day (#usa)
- National Pigs in a Blanket Day (#usa)
- National Zucchini Bread Day (#usa)
- National Pretzel Day (#usa)
- National Prime Rib Day (#usa)
- National Blueberry Pie Day (#usa)
- Kiss Your Mate Day
- National Shrimp Scampi Day (#usa)
- World Wish Day
- International Dance Day
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day (#usa)
- International Jazz Day
- Go Birding Day
- Battle of Flowers, Córdoba