In our last article we converted our Foodie in a character, Aitana, and we gave him life. We did it by Empathy Map (X-Plane), an instrument to better meet the foodies and advance the creation of a product or service that really add value to them.
But also we overtook that we could not stay here ... in the hypothesis, a mere invention, on a set of assumptions about our client, what you want and need, the future, etc. we noted the need to take action.
Our next move will be a kind of Laboratory or test bench. It sounds somewhat scientific, y lo es; but certainly not difficult, or tedious. We will be based on the validated learning and experimentation, that is to say, in learn from our target customer (foodie), validate information and experience on him or her what we have learned.
Laboratory steps to create a Foodie
The first thing we will do is "Test" information from our map Empathy. As we tested on the process of preparing the recipe for that information correct, retesting and rectify again until you find the desired "point", let's try creating that new product or service foodie.
To test we will use the “interview technique ". We will tailor a specific interview staring in the mirror that has left us Aitana. We want to identify what assumptions or preconceptions we have about our foodie for later, adentrarnos de nuevo en la “jungla del cliente gastronómico” y buscar con el prototipo foodie de Aitana a entre 15 Y 30 people you talk calmly. yes, a talk strategically designed directed and which we will obtain valuable information.
An important note, It is NOT a questionnaire! We repeat, This is not a boring questionnaire that make you at the door of the supermarket about a product. Is almost, almost, una charla entre amigos en la que uno se desahoga sobre sus vivencias y anécdotas mientras que el otro aprende de su experiencia.
But nothing can be left to chance, Y we will squeeze every information strategically, vamos a preparar un guión interview follow these steps:
1.- Introduction to the interview
Por qué estamos allí, about us, What is our project and why we want to develop. It would be nice to start with a little Storytelling, tell a story of Search our product or service foodie, or an invented story that places and appeal to the emotions of our interlocutor.
2.- Formulación de preguntas abiertas que favorezcan la narración
We will use an example containing the technique of the "5-What's" to get to the cause-effect particular problem. Se trata de contestar con un “Why?” each answer you give us about something, up to 5 occasions. Starts something like this:
- He / she says He likes to go to school kitchen and we "1. Why"
- answer because He likes to learn new things and asked "what 2.With".
- Replied that because He hates the monotony, and we asked "what 3.Por" hates the monotony.
- it then we answer that because she is single / single, It has much free time. Then we go to the "4.For to" go to cooking classes to occupy their free time. She / he answers that It is a good way to meet people…
- And now the "5.For what". Why do you want to meet new people ... and answer that because You want to find a space / group in which people engage with cognate / her, porque se siente un poco solo/a y es difícil encontrar a partir de una edad gente con tus gustos con la que compartir.
And so, almost always 5 Because S, or maybe some more ... We find the true need to cover of that party.
3.- Application examples, anecdotes
These give valuable information, since the expounds interviewed without realizing, sometimes it lets us see those insights that can be a vital clue in creating a model that meets an unmet need.
- Photos restaurants, Examples of other successful products for foodies ... to see what their opinion and make him remember, maybe, own experiences or others in your same situation and environment.
- Recapitulation of the information obtained, feedback.
- Gratitude by collaboration and willingness to show the final draft to value it. And with this we get, Besides, su vinculación emocional y una sincera valoración de nuestro proceso.
So at the end of each interview we obtained information:
- What do you think and feel? Individual-level information
- What do you see? About how perceives its environment
- What do you hear? Y aquí se basa en sus amistades y relaciones personales y profesionales
- What say and do? As for his own attitude about
This information would conform somehow Map of Empathy individually each respondent.
From now on, vamos a agrupar la información que hemos ido obteniendo en distintos patrones de coincidencia. De este modo podremos evaluarla y filtrarla para al final gain insight que junto con los resultados de la observación y la exploración, protagonists the next step, dará lugar a una actual information of our critical mass consulted.
We can not embark on a journey to a new product or service in any sector, sin justificar que existe esa necesidad y que existe una masa crítica suficiente para que nuestro negocio sea fructífero. These tools are contributions and assessments of this information. We have to justified if the client exists, what we think we want and what you really are willing to buy.
Posible guión de la entrevista.
But we continue with our lab tests. The following actions take place They are the observation technique shadowing. Here we went out and we become the "shadow" foodie.
We had already discussed in previous articles the importance of access to their world and watch them… lo haremos en este caso ya con una gran cantidad de información fidedigna y de manera más estratégica y planificada; but this will be in the next chapter. To be continued…