The technology It is one of the main generators of wealth in industry and society. That is why large business operations often invest significant amounts in its implementation and development.
As any hotelier can attest, This is also true in restaurants around the world. With digital transformation They have made an appearance point of sale terminals, autopedido kiosks, telecommunications via web and even managed by chatbots, promotional campaigns on social networks and much more.
Nevertheless, also no consensus among professionals in this segment in which the adoption of new technological solutions are made more slowly in the world of restoration. So you technologies such as artificial intelligence, the internet of things or robotics kitchen still used very timid in restaurants.
This is problematic if we consider that we are in a time of great acceleration of human technology. Pointers progress observed in laboratories today have little to do with the bases using the tools available in the market. Thus, the rate of technological substitution is overwhelmingly high and business experience difficulty adapting to this maelstrom.
To learn what impressions are of the restaurant industry on this reality, the research team Restaurant Business He is put to work to build a comprehensive inquiry into the feelings of the sector in terms of technology and technological implementation concerns.
These are the main points of interest are distilled from the study:
- Restaurants experience a medium pace of technology adoption. Only a 7% of respondents they dared to suggest that the pace of technological implementation was higher than usual. More than half of respondents felt that they were in the middle. In fact, It is 54% is a promising value. You can not say the same for the 39% remaining, who confess to feeling overwhelmed by the emergence of new technologies for restoration and say they lag behind competitors.
- The budget for technology implementation increases. Only a 3% managers who participated in the study reduced their investment in technology between 2018 Y 2019. This may be because during the previous year exceeded the average expenditure, or poor performance with technologies previously implemented. As opposed, a 45% They kept investing in technology for restoration and an overwhelming 52% They decided to increase their financial efforts in this field.
- The difficulties of technological rush into reforms are multifarious local. Óbices among the early introduction of new technological solutions is, first and how could it be otherwise, the acquisition cost of such applications. A 70% restaurants agree that this is the great barrier to overcome. With percentages in the range of the 20 al 35 percent, Traders also mentioned impediments to integration with existing POS on site, lack of physical infrastructure to undertake the changes required, the need to train staff in new technologies catering to install, the unpredictable level of acceptance by customers, maintenance costs and repair, and those related to the operation of new systems.
- There are five points that restaurants valued positively to the innovative technology used. The most important aspect of all is the improvement in the user experience is achieved satisfying technological demand for the public. Other insurance values for the restorer are increased in controlling labor costs, the ability to acquire information, improving productivity in the workspace and overall performance.
- remote requests, POS integration and third-party tools among the main objectives to pursue during 2020. They have a special place also reward systems and customer loyalty through mobile applications, expanding the range of options when paying, Kitchen robotics and process automation, the use of autonomous vehicles or drones in the distribution of food delivery, and machine learning.
- IoT, intelligent furniture, software human resource management and automatic price adjustment systems are among the most desired technologies. This group is followed devices like kiosks with touch screen autopedido, systems information management and data storage, Robotics kitchen, machine learning and network camera with facial recognition.
But today is not everything. Of the 170 operators who participated in the survey organized by the specializing American, many also expressed a strong interest in future developments.
While this technology is not available to the average restaurateur today, It is foreseeable that in 2020 or years to come some of these solutions are already sold through specialized companies.
Tools and modifications cause more excitement among professionals are:
- Systems for automatic preparation ingredients make the most laudable and consistent presentation
- Based solutions artificial intelligence at affordable prices to the extent of the individual operations of minor
- Reduction of tariffs They paid by the presence reservation systems managed by external companies
- Software failure prediction, maintenance management and issue warnings more advanced, operate in such a way that reduces the costs associated with breakdowns in the restaurant specialized equipment and minimize the time that these devices are out of service
- Full integration platforms reserve management, requests online, food shipments, CRM and the like to the POS terminal of the restaurant
Technology and hospitality have been allies for many years, and nothing anticipates that it will cease to be so with the turn of the decade. Entrepreneurs in the sector, of course, dismiss it completely.