Google is giving away free storage on Drive to get customer reviews on restaurants and thus compete with sites like Tripadvisor or Yelp
Google still clearly betting on the content related to restaurants as you know it is a very important source of traffic on your browser, and therefore wants become a restaurant guide in exchange for a number of benefits.
Restaurant recommendations in Google Maps
He offers you, to share opinions about the restaurants you visit, a rewards program, besides that your comments may be visible from Google Maps.
You have a personal section with the total points, the level reached, the list and suggestions, You can also identify people who have served Help your comments or your images.
The system will qualify based on the quality and quantity of information. If you add images in addition to your opinion you get more points, also you can do if you add new locations, corriges outdated information about a restaurant or answering a few simple questions.
The scoring system works the second form:
- level 1 (0 – 4 points): it allows you enter competitions that make Google form you. Get the monthly bulletin of local guides and join workshops and Hangouts.
- level 2 (5 – 49 points): scoop you access to new features and product launches Google that and you can promote your own meet-ups on the calendar of local guides.
- level 3 (50 – 199 points): get a badge “Local guides in Google Maps”. Participate with other local guides Google+ communities. Receive invitations to events sponsored by Google in a particular city.
- level 4 (200 – 499 points): 1 TB Google Drive storage and you receive an annual thank you gift.
- level 5 (500 points or more): become an Insider Google, testing new products before public release, you can go to the annual event on Google Local guides where you can meet other people who have also contributed to the guides, Google explore the campus and learn about Google Maps.
Each contribution you make with a new opinion is a point, although depending on the information you add about the restaurant can get up to five points for a place.
Restaurant Reviews via Google Maps
It seems clear that Google Maps is the most widely used application to find the address of restaurants or businesses nearby, but when making the decision to choose which users often migrate to other applications where they have more information and can even Restaurant booking online, and this is precisely what Google wants to avoid this new initiative, get users to make the decision within the environment Google Maps.
Here's the video presentation:
If you want comvertirte in Google guide you can already register yourself in the following link: