The use of technological tools offered as SaaS (Software as a Service) by companies outside the restaurant is a low cost solution sacrificing differentiation business functionality change Y, sometimes, large public.
Is the case, for example, of the companies specializing in mobility offering home delivery of food from the restaurant where the cooks and wraps to the destination specified by the customer. Uber Eats, Deliveroo, by Dash, Just Eat and the like fall into this group.
The same goes for pages that manage reservations as TheFork, OpenTable O Reserve; the developers chatbots for Facebook Messenger as may be Feebi about Chatbook; the software for POS terminals from Lavu, Revel y Clover; And a long etcetera.
Nevertheless, all these technologies that offer solutions graduates have something in common: disruption Caused by technology for years has occurred restaurants.
We are currently in a new wave of the digital transformation restaurants which advocates improving the user experience through with voice recognition tools and ability to understand and engage in conversation, by having own methods of reservation from the web or application of the mark without resorting to third parties or support overruns, traceability orders online to take away…
According to analysis firm Italian market Nife is Life, Restaurants will have to face all these challenges with technology designed especially for them in the years ahead, until the expected latency market development software give way to a new wave of SaaS.
This review stems from the fact that consumers expect a range of technological innovations are implemented in the sector of organized restoration in a short period of time. Specifically these are some of the public's perceptions:
- A 40% of respondents believe that there will be a substantial increase in the number of restaurants that offer the possibility to book through their website or app mobile.
- One third of the participants believes that traceability orders online will be on the agenda.
- A 33% demand a GPS tracking active at the time of transition from order.
- A 29% of the people who were asked they indicated that there will be further opportunities for sharing and take away, as well as innovative solutions that do not fully fall within the definition of these two services.
- A 22% the answers in the survey indicate that there will be more automated voice applications and, especially, easier to place orders through Siri, Alexa, Google Home and virtual assistants for similar voice.
- A 17% of respondents believe that there will be progress in cooking kits.
- A 16% believes the next need cast by drones
- A 15% percent it considered important the use of autonomous vehicles to deliver food
On the other hand, own needs and requirements of the restaurants are much better served when it dispenses with configurable templates provided by SaaS companies. Reinforce the brand image, differentiate the business and offer specific services for the niche market in which it operates the restaurant is only possible when the technology is developed with a clear goal in mind. And this fact does nothing but become more important when the technology is still in a pioneering stage, If traceability for restaurants and automated voice conversations.
Hence the investment makes sense for organized restoration, able to recover in a short time the amounts allocated to innovation in technology for restaurants.