As you know many of my readers, I launched DiegoCoquillatTV, the first channel in Youtube specializing in technology and social networks for restaurants.
I wanted to release my channel with a height interview, with people, certainly, best knows the world of online restaurant reservations in Spain, Jesus Alonso currently CEO Restaurantes.com and it is his day revolutionized the gaming industry with the company in Spain FX Interactive que entre otros muchos fue el creador del mítico PCFutbol.
Interview with Jesús Alonso:
said in the interview links:
- At Web Restaurantes.com
- NRA : Association of American Restaurants, National Restaurant Association
- FEHR : Spanish Federation of Hotels
The minute-by-minute interview:
- 00:21 – My introduction to the report published by the website Restaurantes.com
- 02:01 – What it is the most important reflection of this report?
- 03:39 – There are still many customers who still are not booking through the internet channel
- 06:54 – Just a 3% restaurants have a professional online booking system?
- 09:21 – Is the online booking system with the addition of the new generation has to grow exponentially?
- 11:23 – What is the influence of social networks, of comments and reservations online reputation online?
- 14:48 – What are the next challenges Restaurantes.com?
- 19:02 – What would be your advice to help restaurants that are currently in a difficult situation?
The 14 Key interview
- Online reservations in Spain grew 50% Over the previous year
- He 5% reserves that are made is Spain are online
- Less than 3% restaurants have a professional management systems reserves
- Most Spanish restaurants do not have website, no computer in the restaurant or do not have the knowledge to handle applications reserve management
- Get reservations through the Internet is critical to winning new customers
- If at the time of difficulty not you planning to use the internet as a sales channel strategy you are dead
- In the United States last year one of every four bookings made online, he 25% Market is processed online
- The vast majority of bookings are made in Spain are still made by phone, only between 5% and the 7% reservations are online
- In Spain according to data from the FEHR there 80.000 restaurants but only 25.000 reservations accepted
- The most important thing is that restaurants have a sufficient volume to be valid opinions and influence other customers
- The most valuable are the online opinions of those closest, family or friends, because you can identify if they are similar tastes to yours or not
- All efforts should be aimed restaurants to have a higher occupancy rate
- If your restaurant has a ticket 100, which is not economically sustainable is that bandages 50
- The first experience of your restaurant has to be enormously successful
What do you think of the interview Jesus Alonso, share their ideas on the market for online reservations Spain?