In recent years we are experiencing a resurgence and a new valorization of plant foods. This serves two purposes. On the one hand, The number of vegetarians and vegans increasing rapidly all over the world. The veggies in Spain and form a cohort of people who has four million individuals. But on the other hand, There are scientific reasons that lead a perfect setting for these products espoleen: it is shown that a diet with less meat protein content is better for human health and the natural environment.
So no wonder that the incoming of a 55 percent of restaurants evaluated in this study are completely plant. What brands like White Castle, TGI Friday’s Y Chilis They are collaborating with emerging companies like Beyond Burger O Impossible Slider to adapt to changing times by incorporating vegan meat substitutes.
The full report answers many of the questions that plague restorers, While they want to step forward and to demonstrate greater social responsibility and sustainability in food, They fear that the changes may have inasumibles negative impacts on their business.
The points are the following:
- Viability of alternative plant in restoring organized dedicated to fast food. The host of special products for small niches is economically unproductive today, because each ingredient has an allocated space. Have vegan cheese or slices of whole hamburger force without other most popular products. Even so, brands like Taco Bell They have dared to throw temporary offers to test the waters.
- Replacing animal protein or host inherently vegetarian recipes. There is no global answer to this front. Some consumers may feel offended or cheated if served a vegan meat sustito, while an ethnic plate appreciate fully cooked vegetable ingredients. And there will be customers who not only want the vegan option, but they insist on having it. In summary, The right choice depends on the clientele of each local.
- The protein begins to become a food segment. a trend in which the flesh ceases to exist as a clearly segregated segment of food items given. A) Yes, An increasing number of people are saying is greater than milk protein, soy, vegan meat substitutes, meat and fish itself, as well as other products such as nuts and eggs are part of the same concept: protein.
- Market growth vegan foods. The market analysis company Alison Rabschnuk indicates that the 50% of the millennials consume at least once a week a vegan substitute. Vegan products sales now represent a 11% of the total food market in the US. THE., and this percentage will only rise since last year the upward trend was a 23%.
- A vegetarian section on the menu has no negative effect on customers. Just as a teetotaler the wine list is skipped, a person who has decided to consciously or unconsciously be omnivorous any vegetarian or vegan section will be skipped in the menu. Having these foods in the letter adds no friction face the normal consumer, and yet it attracts the percentage, not so small, people who follow these diets and philosophies.
- Vegan and vegetarian are taboo words. Although these terms in the restaurant name, of any item or advertising slogan will attract people interested, They will also have a deterrent effect on others. Extremism and evangelizing activity has led some vegans ment the term only cause revulsion. It is preferable search for new terminology that does not have negative connotations associated and appeals equally to potential consumers.
- A 70% consumers want to consume less animal protein. Whether for greater sustainability in food or mere social responsibility, the percentage of people who want to eat more fruits and vegetables round almost three quarters of the population. The biggest problem to do so is that They do not know how to get it.
This information is supplemented in the original report with much additional data that can help the restorer to make good decisions for the future establishment based on trends and changes in food consumption behavior we are already seeing.