- For the first time in Spain, a gift card is launched to give gastronomic experiences in more than 3.000 restaurants that currently accept TheFork Pay (contactless digital payment) and what will they become 9.000 before the end of the year
- It is the first gift card to go to a restaurant without conditions or limitations, since it is used by booking directly in the TheFork App and is combinable with promotions and the loyalty program (Yums)
- In a context of reopening tourism and relaxation of restrictions, This new gift card will help the hospitality sector by injecting liquidity into the local economy
- The amounts of the TheFork gift card are 25, 50 or € 100 and the cards are valid for 18 months
After months of restrictions and confinements, consumers have changed their habits, tastes and priorities. According to a recent study by TheFork, we currently value gastronomy even more than before: he 83% of its users plan to continue visiting restaurants, more than traveling or partying. Although this change in priorities has not only been extrapolated to tastes, but, when giving gifts, habits have also varied. Users prefer gifts that can be enjoyed, thus he 70% Spaniards prefer to be given an experience rather than a material gift, being a dinner the most chosen option.
For all this, TheFork launches in Spain your first gift card that can be used in more of the 3.000 restaurants that currently have TheFork PAY activated, the new digital payment directly from the app, including some of those recommended by the MICHELIN Guide. Users will be able to purchase cards for an amount of 25, 50 and € 100, book when and where they want, the 365 days of the year, with immediate confirmation and in a wide variety of restaurants. further, the cards have a validity of 18 months.
“We have been working for months to carry out this new product that will boost the restaurant sector in the reopening that we are experiencing in Spain, a perfect time to discover new gastronomic offers and give totally unique experiences ", states Raquel Bravo, Marketing Director of TheFork Spain. "Now we will have the opportunity to surprise our partners, friends or family enjoying what we like the most, the gastronomy. A gift that, Besides, comes in digital format and with an easier and more immediate use mode than ever, since everything is done through the App of TheFork directly, without restrictions and with choice of time and date in real time, totally new thing on the market until today ".
Nowadays, TheFork gift card can be used in more than 3.000 restaurants throughout Spain, but with the increasing adoption of TheFork Pay (the new digital payment that allows you to pay directly from the TheFork app) by restaurants, the forecast is to reach 9.000 restaurants where gift cards can be used before the end of the year. Certainly a variety of choice never seen before.
How does the new TheFork gift card work?
- Its operation is very simple. First, the user must access the TheFork app or website and select the type of gift card they wish to purchase: 25€, 50€ or €100. Users will receive an email to download the TheFork gift card which can be redeemed by adding it to the new TheFork Pay functionality within the app. The balance of the gift card will be applied in the ticket of the restaurant account to pay and It is possible to combine it with current promotions in restaurants affiliated to TheFork and with the loyalty program (Yums).
- Users can make a reservation through a card whenever and wherever they want, with a validity of 18 months after purchase and in a selection of more than 3.000 partner restaurants in Spain (where it is currently possible to pay through TheFork Pay).
- After lunch or dinner, payment will be made in the TheFork application itself using the new payment solution TheFork Pay. The remaining balance can be used for future reservations or to purchase additional food and drinks to take away at the end of the meal, if the restaurant offers this service.